Post Date: 11/15/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Management Office (PMO) Analyst to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a PMO Analyst, you will act as a liaison for Project Solutions (PS) by reporting and collecting information from and providing information to internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate, quality and timely reporting to agency leadership, the Department of Administrative Services (DAS), the Legislative Fiscal Office (LFO), and federal partners. You will also support technology portfolio reporting activities within PS and the Office of Information Systems (OIS) by tracking and managing reporting cycles including timing and sequencing of monthly and quarterly reports on major technology projects for internal executive leadership as well as state and federal funding partners. You will identify and engage required stakeholders and determine the roles and responsibilities for report development.
In this role, you will support PS by leveraging reporting tools such as Microsoft Project, Project Online, Excel, SharePoint and CA Project Portfolio Management (PPM) for tracking and reporting technology project and portfolio information. You will be involved in the setup, configuration, modification, troubleshooting and testing of these tools. In addition, you will use this core technology to create new project tools with the PS Team. You will also work with the PS Team to coordinate and improve communications.
Additionally, you will collaborate across OIS with other units to support the PMO and PS activities. You will work with OIS Workforce Education to coordinate training and support for the PS group and work to enhance communications amongst project team members.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are interested in becoming an Analyst for our Project Management Office (PMO), don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 3990 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and two years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience involving analysis and reporting.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience involving analysis and reporting.
• Experience with all portions of Federal and State compliance reporting such as Advance Planning Documents, Project Closure, Office of the State CIO, Legislative Reporting and/or other Federal partner reporting.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on configuration and management of SharePoint, Excel, Project and Project Online.
• Experience implementing and using electronic tools for document sharing, communication and/or workflow automation.
• Ability to support user engagement (setup, configuration, modification, troubleshooting, and testing) for office tool automation such as Microsoft Project Online and SharePoint.
• Knowledge of the Project Management Lifecycle and related artifacts as defined by PMI/PMBOK standards.
• Experience working with project teams in an Information Technology (IT) environment.
• Skills in coordinating and facilitating work with distributed teams including internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.