Post Date: 02/05/2020
Close Date: 02/24/2020
Special Events Permit Coordinator
Parks & Recreation Department
Salary Range: $52,264 - $68,775 annually.
Starting salary is $52,264 - $63,587 (depending upon qualifications), plus full benefits package.
Full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
The closing date for this position is 11:59 p.m. Monday, February 24, 2020.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
Do you love engaging with our diverse community?
Do you pride yourself on your ability to be thorough and accurate?
Would you like to be a member of the team responsible for making Citywide events such as fairs, festivals, concerts, and Markets available to the public?
The Parks & Recreation Department is looking for a detail-driven individual, familiar with rules & regulations as they apply to codes concerning public spaces, plazas and parks. Come join our team!
The Special Events Permit Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Designing and developing inter-departmental special event rental application and permitting processes.
• Evaluating and processing inter-departmental special use permit applications.
• Establish and maintain an effective working relationships with Police, Fire & Rescue, and Public Works Departments, as well as the general public
• Coordinate permit process for projects of large scope and complexity; receives, reviews for completion and routes permit applications, plans and related documents to appropriate departments; assembles plans into issue status; verifies receipt of approvals; calculates permit fees; and contacts customers regarding permit issuance.
• Provide information to the general public regarding park & facility use and permit process, requirements, codes, and inspection procedures;
• Efficiently manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and the coordination of information and communication with internal and external customers; provides ongoing technical support to Plan Review and Inspection staff.
• Responds to customer requests by answering questions, providing fee estimates, determining application status, providing policy, procedural or general information, or by directing the request to the appropriate resource.
• Provide support to the Special Events team, when needed, including but not limited to: loading/unloading vehicles, set-up and break-down and staffing support at events, as needed.
• Able to work a flexible schedule that can, at times, include evenings and weekends.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
• Experience working for a municipality or for private venues supporting rental or event production.
• An understanding of municipal policies, rules and regulations as they apply to safety codes concerning public spaces, plazas and parks.
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to effectively and thoroughly communicate requirements to the public, and across multiple City departments.
• The ability to understand, explain, and consistently and fairly apply policies, laws, codes, and regulations as they apply to public spaces, plazas and parks.
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is to coordinate activities in support of Park facility operations including but not limited to event services, sales, and marketing, and operations. Responsibilities as assigned may include providing customer service; processing registrations and/or reservations; maintaining records; assisting in the planning, organization and implementation of programs; enforcing policies and procedures; and, monitoring and maintaining program equipment, supplies and materials. Incumbents provide recommendations for hiring, discipline, and termination procedures for part-time and seasonal staff.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Associates degree in Business Administration, Recreation Administration or a closely related field and 2 years’ experience in parks facilities management or event management or project management; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record;
• CPR Certification;
• First Aid Certification.
• Cover Letter
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position