Post Date: 03/19/2020
Close Date: 04/05/2020
Are you an experienced professional in developing and proposing policy changes? Are you familiar with or have experience with state Medicaid programs? If so, please check out the following opportunity!
What you will do!
You will provide policy advice to senior management on administering medical assistance programs that affect Oregonians with low incomes and providers of services.
You will develop regulatory policy standards and procedures to operationalize the various complex components of Medicaid Behavioral Health programs. You will be essential in implementing state and federal legislatively mandated regulations personally and through workgroups composed of internal subject matter experts.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work. OR;
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification.
• Preference given to those with education, training, RN licensure and/or experience in behavioral health services and supports, medical field or health care related field.
• Additional preference given to those with experience and knowledge of the legislative process and government finance.
• Current demonstrated knowledge of national third-party payers, health care delivery trends, medical technologies and standards, and statewide and national economic issues that may impact assigned programs.
• Current demonstrated knowledge of federal and state level Medicaid title XIX and XXI programs.
• Experience and in-depth understanding of the medical service delivery system, billing practices and budgeting.
• Experience using medical expenditure and utilization data to monitor, plan and evaluate the cost effectiveness, access and quality of medical programs.
• Experience analyzing projects and achieving organizational objectives in a team leadership role.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
How to apply:
• Complete the online application at Oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-32975