Post Date: 07/16/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is currently hiring a Prevention Navigator to provide community-based HIV/STI prevention, testing, and linkage to care services, primarily targeting MSM (men who have sex with men), people who inject drugs (PWID), and other populations disproportionately impacted by HIV. This role works in collaboration with CAP prevention programming, Clackamas County Public Health, and other key stakeholders to plan and implement a variety of prevention and sexual health promotion activities in the outlying areas of the Portland Metro area and surrounding non-urban/rural communities, primarily in Clackamas County. This is a full-time, 1.0 FTE position.
Core responsibilities include:
• Coordinating and conducting community-based outreach efforts in order to recruit into evidence-based HIV/STI prevention services, HIV/STI testing & treatment, PrEP navigation, and linkage to care services throughout Clackamas County
• Creatively using social media, dating aps (i.e. Grindr), and other relevant media to reach targeted communities known to be disproportionately impacted by HIV or who have limited access to HIV prevention services
• Providing HIV/STI testing at a variety of on-going and one-time, event based testing sites
• Work to build and maintain a network of community members and organizations in order to reach MSM, PWID, and other highest risk populations in the outlying areas of the Portland Metro area and surrounding non-urban/rural communities, primarily Clackamas County
• Coordinate and facilitate the distribution of condoms and safer sex supplies to locations frequented by priority populations in Clackamas County
The person in this position is stationed at CAP’s Davis Street office with time also spent in Oregon City, Sunnyside, and other Clackamas County locations. Travel throughout the region, as well as evening and weekend work are required. This position must be able to successfully complete trainings appropriate for operating HIV/STI testing technologies and screening protocols, including phlebotomy. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Prevention Navigator Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply