Post Date: 11/19/2018
Close Date: 12/17/2018
The Strategic Communications Officer (Public Information Officer classification) serves all program areas and the bureau overall and is charged with developing and implementing in these areas:
• Develop and regularly update a communications plan and professional standards for representing the bureau and the City that can be measured against program-, bureau- and communications-specific goals.
• Continually assess and build the bureau's capacity to facilitate internal and external communications with a broad, diverse and evolving network of stakeholders in a multilingual, multicultural context. This includes developing and delivering methods through relevant, effective channels for segmented audiences.
• Contribute to and support the implementation of the bureau's strategic goals and intersectional equity efforts.
• Work with the director and leadership team to frame conversations for constructive public dialogue and to address complex community and media relations issues in support of bureau and City goals.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for communications-related needs.
• Maintain and populate the bureau's main channels of communication, including digital platforms and collateral development. Work with bureau staff in project- and program-specific activities, including participating in special projects, providing training support and coaching in communications activities, and ensuring consistency of quality and message throughout the bureau.
• Maintain and cultivate contacts and relationships with media and other communications-related professions. Invited candidates will be asked to submit a portfolio of written, digital and designed communications materials as part of the interview process.