Post Date: 04/19/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Insurance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Billing and Business Information Systems Dept
SALARY: $19.00-$20.90 Hourly DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
SUMMARY: The Insurance Specialist works as part of the Billing and Business
Information Systems Dept (BBIS) to manage the accuracy of data entry for each patient
provided services at many clinics. Responsibilities include entering all Patient
Registrations, verifying insurance eligibility and benefits, manage Primary Care
Assignments, Prior Authorizations, posting charges and payments, and assisting
patient’s as needed with Business Office inquires.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited
institution of higher learning preferred.
2. Minimum one (1) year current experience insurance coding, billing, and accounts
receivable processes in a medical clinic or behavioral health setting.
3. Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
4. Current and thorough knowledge of billing, insurance processing, follow-up, and
managed care requirements-with a primary emphasis on the Oregon Health
5. Current and thorough knowledge of ICD-9/10, CPT and HCPCS codes preferred.
6. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
7. Experience with Electronic Health Records and Centricity preferred.
8. Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience preferred.
9. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be currently clean and sober.
10. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy
11. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
12. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
13. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers in a team atmosphere, clients with
diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and
sexual orientations, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY: Check out the full job description and apply at:
You must apply on the website and upload your resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs