Post Date: 02/04/2020
Close Date: 02/21/2020
Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is seeking a Housing Specialist!
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Summary: This position is part of the Housing Rapid Response (HRR) team. Primary
responsibilities include supporting clients as they move into permanent housing through the
identification of housing resources and opportunities. This includes assessing program and
permanent housing participant needs and providing assistance in obtaining permanent housing,
working in collaboration with CCC staff and external partners. Additionally, this position is
responsible for providing retention support services to ensure former program participants
remain stable in permanent housing. This position requires a high level of collaboration with a
diverse team to achieve positive outcomes for clients. The person will be working with Clients
that are or have been involved with the Criminal Justice System.
1. Provide client housing assessments and develop goal driven plans.
2. Provide ongoing individual support and encouragement to clients.
3. Pursue affordable housing options for CCC participants and assist them in accessing
4. Work with internal and external housing providers to assure coordinated and streamlined
transitions out of homelessness and into housing.
5. Provide ongoing retention support for HRR clients who have been placed in permanent
6. Input and maintain accurate records of client’s progress in working toward individualized
housing goals using MS Word, MS Excel and other software.
1. Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Two year/ A.A. degree preferred.
3. Must have experience with data entry.
4. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must have at least 1 year of sobriety and be able
to provide supporting documentation if requested.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience working with, clients who have mental health
diagnosis and chemical dependency is desirable.
6. Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver
as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy; pass an initial drivers training
within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training; and
maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto
7. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
8. Applicant must be able to work in all CCC buildings. Some CCC buildings have restrictions due
to criminal background and/or active probation and parole.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
***Uploading a cover letter and resume to your application is preferred for this opportunity.***
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs