Post Date: 10/18/2019
Close Date: 11/24/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, based out of Cascadia's outpatient Health Centers in NE and SE Portland. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Primary Care Clinic Manager is responsible for the oversight of primary care and alternative medical services operations in a community behavioral healthcare setting. The Clinic Manager serves as the subject matter expert on clinical administrative and provider support functions, providing clinical training and supervision to primary care staff as assigned by the Clinic Director. The Clinic Manager works collaboratively with the Primary Care Leadership team to develop and implement programs that optimize primary care service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in healthcare, public health, biology, behavioral science or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A Certified Medical Assistant, experience working in mental health or an RN is preferred in addition.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a primary care setting with progressive responsibility.
- At least one year in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of working in Epic EHR.
- Knowledge of working in clinic based laboratories.
- Knowledge of pharmacology and medical/clinical decision-making best practices
- Knowledge of medical supplies and their maintenance.
- Knowledge of population health practices, health insurance navigation, public health and policies.
- Excellent ability to collaborate and problem solve
- Demonstrate the competencies to manage the day-to-day operations
- Ability to manage a medical and clinical aspects of care for individuals with complex medical and behavioral healthcare needs
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Proficiency in Health Information Technology, including running reports to enter data and retrieve data to direct primary care operations.
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed. If driving for the purpose of commuting, the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Ability to perform CLIA waived point of care testing and laboratory processing as needed.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)