Post Date: 05/21/2020
Close Date: 06/05/2020
Part Time, Non-Exempt (20 hours per week, benefit eligible)
Application Deadline: Friday, June 5, 2020
Since 1973, the Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) has pursued a mission to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. The Foundation invites Oregonians with different perspectives to come together around the shared value of giving back. We work with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create charitable funds that support the community causes they care about. These funds support the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. Our headquarters are in Portland, with regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon.
The Gray Family Foundation (GFF) is a supporting organization of the Oregon Community Foundation (OCF). The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support for the Executive Director of the Gray Family Foundation. This position also supports various duties associated with the activities of GFF’s staff, board members and committees, and the overall operations of the foundation. This role coordinates with other GFF and OCF staff and OCF programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Support - Percentage of Time: 50%
• Manage a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director, including managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence, including confidential correspondence; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
• Handle logistics for in-person and online meetings (webinars, board, staff, and committee meetings and retreats), including scheduling rooms and meeting dates, room set-up and clean-up, catering, signage, and technology needs
• Prepare and distribute meeting documents; compile board and committee books and agendas, record minutes and ensure timely distribution and retention of meeting records
• Attend board and committee meetings to record minutes for those meetings
• Schedule and arrange logistics for site visits, grantee and partner meetings, interacting with external and internal parties to coordinate the events
• Maintain committee records, volunteer records, board records and reports, and manage the distribution of information to members
• Manage the contract process for consultants and associated invoicing; track the projects and timelines
• Serve as key contact and provide full administrative support in matters relating to the Executive Director’s daily office requirements, including interfacing with GFF grantees, nonprofit partners, consultants, vendors, board members, committees, and OCF staff, including the executive team
• Facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the foundation and facilitate the smooth flow of operations
• Prepare and mail correspondence as requested
• Assist with proofreading and editing documents
Administrative Grant Support - Percentage of Time: 30%
• Assist the Gray Family Foundation Program Officer in communication and technical assistance to potential and current grantees and nonprofit partners.
• Assist in the communication of the granting and reporting requirements and deadlines to grantees.
• Support foundation convenings with planning assistance of logistics, including catering, invitee communication, database documentation, and materials preparation
• Ensure that internal processes and materials reflect current needs and GFF/OCF policies and procedures
• Manage GFF general Foundation email inbox and voicemail, following up with inquiries and routing messages as appropriate
Communication Support - Percentage of Time: 20%
• Assist in maintenance of WordPress website, including updating news, grantee information, and other pages as appropriate
• Update social media (Facebook, LinkedIn) to reflect priorities and activities of foundation
• Work with communications consultants and GFF staff to prepare communication tools and publications such as annual reports, one-pagers, etc.
• None identified
Required Cultural Values: In addition to the specific job requirements for each position, staff are expected to embody certain cultural values to support OCF’s mission: communicate effectively, value one another, demonstrate accountability, embrace possibilities, address conflict and act.
Required Education, Training, Experience and Skills:
• Three years required; five years preferred executive-level administrative support experience
• Experience working in the nonprofit sector desired
• Associate degree or equivalent combination of experience and education in lieu of degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service essential – ability to provide service that is prompt, courteous and competent to convey trust and confidence
• Works effectively with other team members and staff
• Experience with board relations and communications
• Proficiency with social media, strong oral and written communication skills conveys information clearly and effectively
• Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently with little direction and manage and prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and to follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentially and discretion
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word and experience working in a network environment with an integrated database required
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, WordPress, and Zoom webinars preferred
• Requires good knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and processes
• Requires sound judgement and mathematical abilities
• Possess cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams and communities
Travel: Travel is not required but, some travel opportunities may be available.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Comfort working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, pending OCF’s plans for workplace re-entry. This job is typically performed under very comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job. Job duties are performed in an office setting or indoor meeting rooms. Requires ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods, repetitive keyboarding, use of office equipment and phone. Lifting to 25 lbs., some bending and reaching
Safety: Support a safe work environment by performing work duties safely and according to procedures. This includes reporting all injuries, illnesses or accidents sustained while working to your immediate supervisor as soon as possible after the occurrence or within 24 hours of the injury, illness or accident, and reporting any accident involving OCF vehicles, equipment or other property, regardless of the nature of the accident, to your immediate supervisor as soon as possible after the accident.
Attendance Requirements: Regular punctuality and attendance is required.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a non-exempt, part-time position. The hiring range for this position is $22.76/hr. to $27.31/hr. DOE.
Our excellent benefit package includes generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental coverage, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, commuter and healthcare pre-tax savings accounts, employer-paid disability and life. Employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, professional development opportunities, and much more!
To Apply: The Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
To be considered for this position, please provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and a copy of your most recent resume. Apply online at https://oregoncf.org/about/careers/
Complete details: https://oregoncf.org/about/careers/