Post Date: 03/08/2019
Close Date: 03/19/2019
Part-Time Temporary Position
Mail Carrier Driver
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Mail Carrier Driver. Hours for this position are Monday - Friday 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Deliver, collect and sort mail and packages including bulk, insured, registered, certified, and regular mail.
• Use hand trucks, dollies, and mail carts in the transport of materials.
• Operate postage meters, addressing, folding and other mailing machines occasionally.
• Operate office equipment such as computers, copier machines, telephone, calculators and data entry equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Possession of a valid driver's license and proof of insurance required.
• Exceptional customer service skills both in-person and on the phone.
• Dependable and reliable.
• Competent with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and the Internet.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with a diverse population.
• Mail center experience is preferred.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to lift materials and equipment weighing 50-80 lbs. using safe lifting techniques.
• Ability and willingness to work safely in a busy and semi-hazardous environment.
• Ability and willingness to follow all college, state, and U.S. Postal Service guidelines and regulations.
• Willingness to promote respect for the confidentiality, privacy, and sanctity of mail.
• Ability and willingness to obtain Forklift Operator Certification.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., March 19, 2019.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
March 8, 2019
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php