Post Date: 08/08/2019
Close Date: 08/23/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 23, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
NERC Associate Analyst (R-19-1749)
In this position you will be responsible for supporting PGE’s NERC Compliance Program to achieve corporate-wide compliance with current and future versions of North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Standards. Additionally, you will represent the NERC compliance program with internal business departments, regional compliance forums and regulators.
You will support our journey by:
• Supporting administration of NERC compliance policies, programs and standards. Assisting colleagues in identifying and recommending initiatives and procedures to ensure all corporate systems are compliant and to incorporate new applicable regulatory requirements.
• Supporting identification and implementation of compliance controls and recommending plans to monitor them. Identifying control gaps. Contributing to process improvement recommendations to remediate gaps.
• Supporting identification, documentation, tracking and disposition of potential instances of NERC noncompliance, including contributing to investigations. Supporting analysis of results and drafting of conclusions and remediation plans.
• Analyzing new and revised NERC standards, identifying relevant subject matter experts, establishing time lines and gathering and reviewing compliance evidence.
• Analyzing published NERC enforcement actions and other regulatory developments and contributing to communications informing individual contributors and managers in other operating units. Providing subject matter expertise to operating units.
• Contributing to planning for and execution of PGE’s participation in NERC and WECC compliance monitoring activities, such as self-certifications, audits and external investigations. Gathering, reviewing and submitting evidence of compliance. Contributing to discussions of PGE’s overall strategy to respond to regulatory enforcement actions.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, business, technical field or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Typically two or more years in compliance-related work. FERC/NERC experience is preferred.
• NERC certification preferred.
• Working knowledge of regulatory compliance best practices
• Working knowledge of relevant regulations and reliability standards
• Working skills in compliance, including managing controls, identifying gaps and recommending remediation
• Working business acumen skills
• Working problem-solving skills
• Intermediate decision-making skills
• Advanced written and oral communication skills
• Intermediate analytical thinking skills
• Intermediate diplomacy skills
• Intermediate organization and prioritization skills
• Working interpersonal skills
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-1749.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING