Post Date: 06/06/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
Are you looking for an awesome job where you get to make a difference every day? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re consistently ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-profit Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support an elderly, opinionated and endearing woman. She lives in her own apartment in outer SE Portland. She enjoys her independence and getting out into the community, but she has increasing needs for aging and health-related supports such as personal care, cooking healthy meals, and getting to doctor’s appointments.
She enjoys spending time at home, watching television or just chatting, or hanging out with her friends. She also likes to attend community activities such as bowling or going to the movies.
You’ll work two shifts per week totaling 40 hours: 2pm on Monday through 9am on Tuesday (a 19-hour shift) and 12pm (Noon) on Wednesday through 9am on Thursday (a 21-hour shift).
*You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
• Build and maintain a relationship as you watch TV together, chat, and attend community activities.
• Complete chores such as cooking daily, cleaning, doing laundry, and running occasional errands.
• Administer medications, ensure proper fluid intake daily, and monitor her on-going health concerns.
• Assist her in getting to and partaking in a multitude of medical appointments, urgent care visits, ER visits and hospital stays.
• Support her when she’s using her manual wheelchair and ensure her safety when she’s using her walker and transferring in and out of bed.
• Fully assist her with bathing, hygiene tasks, daily exercises, dressing, and toileting.
• Assist her to maintain proper relationships with her apartment community.
• Support her to manage her occasional agitation, anxiety, and depression.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Be able to drive UCP’s van, which requires that you be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a valid driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• To meet the client's personal privacy needs, female applicants will be given preference.
• Experience in the developmental disability and/or mental health fields is preferred but not required.
• Experience with individuals with aging issues such as mobility challenges and dementia is not required, but very useful.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Elderly, but Still Spunky, Woman” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is eager to hire a “Personal Assistant” as soon as possible so applicants will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/2D6461F6F3