Post Date: 01/31/2020
Close Date: 02/16/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Asset Specialist to join an excellent team, provide top-notch support and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As an IT Asset Specialist, you will provide asset management support to customers within the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Department of Human Services (DHS). Your primary focus will be on receiving and recording end-user hardware and software requests. You will work with customers to gather technical requirements and use those requirements to identify the appropriate solutions to fulfill software and hardware purchase requests.
In this role, you will work closely with customers to understand business needs and with vendors to understand technical functionality. You will identify the appropriate hardware and software to meet customer needs and prepare the associated documentation for acquisition.
In this position, you will be responsible for verifying software licenses and deploying validated software to customer desktop computers; managing the schedule for hardware and/or software acquisitions; and tracking the delivery of IT products. You will also be responsible for asset identification and inventory management of IT hardware and software products for the full lifecycle, which includes acquisition, tracking, reporting and disposition.
Additionally, you will be required to clearly communicate solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner and provide one-on-one training over the phone or in-person, as needed. When necessary, you will pass issues that you cannot resolve to upper-level support personnel within the IT Asset Management section and other parts of the Office of Information Services (OIS).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) One (1) year of information systems experience. OR (b) An equivalent combination of experience/training.
• Ability to answer routine inquiries regarding IT asset acquisition policies and procedures.
• Ability to receive and resolve software and IT acquisition complaints from customers.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience using Microsoft Access.
• Experience preparing technical documentation, reports and/or instruction manuals.
• Experience working with confidential information.
• Ability to respond to and prioritize multiple competing responsibilities and requests.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.