Post Date: 02/10/2020
Close Date: 03/02/2020
Planner 4 – Principal Transportation Planner (Tolling)
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Office of Urban Mobility and Mega Project Delivery
Do you have experience managing complex transportation projects? Are you knowledgeable of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)? Our Urban Mobility and Mega Projects Office is seeking a dynamic principal transportation planner to join our team in historic downtown Portland. In this role, you will serve as the lead planner as tolling projects are developed and undergo environmental review and extensive stakeholder and public engagement. The Tolling Program is currently evaluating locations on both I-5 and I-205 to effectively manage congestion and raise revenue. Apply today!
A day in the life:
- Provide lead planning oversight of activities necessary to ensure Tolling Program is moved through the project development process.
- Consider the implications of agency objectives, legal requirements, program needs and stakeholder interests while maintaining awareness that proposed answers may establish precedent with considerable future impact.
- Work with federal, state, regional and local governments to further define and develop the Tolling Program.
- Responsible for the work scopes and budgets for planning studies, reconnaissance studies and environmental review documents.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams and identify project disciplines needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Responsible for preparing and managing an agency coordination plan in coordination with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and as required by NEPA.
- Determine policy, plans and strategies on issues of statewide significance and integrate policy and plans with other agency planning efforts.
- Draft proposals for approval and review and comment on draft plans and respond to questions from agency planning staff from other jurisdictions and agencies.
- Lead, design and manage local government and stakeholder involvement in agency planning efforts.
- Responsible for interagency coordination, including building consensus and managing necessary approvals to move tolling projects through the project development process.
- Advise Oregon Transportation Commission and agency leadership of situations and recommended actions.
- Advise local government on state policy and technical requirements related to tolling and pricing.
- Represent ODOT in public involvement events and respond to outside requests for information or comments.
- Represent agency on project advisory/steering committees and lead committees in developing purpose and need statements, goals and objectives, policy direction and proposed actions.
- Support project manager for projects including tracking and reporting on project schedules, scopes and budgets.
- Moderate amount of travel and overtime will be required.
What we need:
A bachelor's degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field and four years of planning experience related to the job.
Note: A master's degree in community, urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
Eight years of planning experience related to the job.
Note: Coursework in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field can substitute for up to two (2) years of the progressively responsible experience.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
Learn more and apply:
- This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 2, 2020.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-32239 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer