Post Date: 03/13/2020
Close Date: 04/12/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at a residential supportive housing facility near the alphabet district in NW Portland. The schedule is Sunday through Thursday, Swing shift 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm.
The Residential Counselor works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment and co-ordinate care for residents within a residential facility, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the RC understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach assisting residents in achieving individual goals, and ultimately integrating into the community.
- Residential Counselor I: Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Residential Counselor II: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. The job incumbent must demonstrate the competencies as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005 to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OARs.
- The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Bachelor’s Degree given the high occurrence of substance use/abuse.
- Note: All QMHA qualified positions in the state of Oregon will need to be filled by incumbents who are officially certified or who meet eligibility qualifications to register with MHACBO as a QMHA. If you are not currently registered, you will need to be registered if you become employed with Cascadia. For more details on QMHA certification and registration, contact MHACBO (www.mhacbo.org)
- Experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Must understand recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery, evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Proficient in operating computer hardware and software (including EMR software)
- Ability to enter and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
- Driving may be required at some of our locations. If driving is required, incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license, a recent three consecutive year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
Cascadia is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 503.963.7654
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)