Post Date: 01/04/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re ranked as one of the 100 best non-profit employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” for a spunky young woman who lives in her own apartment in Happy Valley.
You'll work two shifts per week totaling 42 hours per week (40 hours at regular pay and 2 hours at overtime pay): 11am on Sunday through 7am on Monday (20-hour shift) and 7pm on Thursday through 5pm on Friday (22-hour shift). *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays
She is someone who likes to be busy doing lots of fun activities. One day, you’ll have a sing-along or dance. The next day, you’ll be making crafts and watching Disney movies, or visiting the zoo or OMSI. You’ll also assist with meals, household chores, and medications, and help out as she does physical tasks like bathing and using the bathroom.
You’ll also help her build skills in different areas, such as learning to bake cookies, dealing with frustration, and learning to express her feelings using words.
This is a great job because you’ll generally be able to sleep through the night… plus you’ll have lots of paid downtime and the chance to make a big difference every day!
Please note that female applicants are strongly preferred, and that she lives in a non-smoking complex.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement if driving for UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• At least 18 years old.
• Must pass a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, reference check, and criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old, have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old.
• Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Spunky Woman (Happy Valley)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/E69C9ABBB4