Post Date: 06/17/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
The Clackamas County Department of Community Corrections is currently recruiting qualified individuals to fill a Work Crew Specialist position.
The Work Crew Specialist leads, motivates and counsels work crews including adult clients who owe restitution and are sanctioned and/or assigned community service by a judge. Work crews perform manual landscape maintenance tasks throughout Clackamas County. The Work Crew Specialist performs manual labor with crews and emulates good work habits and performance.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive union wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
• The salary range is $22.28 - $28.04* Hourly/$46,346 - $58,338* Annually
*This salary range will increase by 3.5% effective July 1, 2019
• This position works 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday.
• Benefits start after two months of continuous employment.
OUR FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PROGRAM OFFERS:
• A Choice of Dental Plans and Medical Plans with Vision & Prescription Drug Coverage
• Paid Leave: (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave)
o 12 hours of vacation accrued monthly
o 8 hours of sick leave accrued monthly
o 9 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
• Retirement: PERS/OPSRP Retirement Contributions. Clackamas County contributes to member’s pension share account as well as picks up the 6% contribution to the Individual Account Program (IAP).
• Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional Salary Buy-Up Program
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
• Optional Group Universal Life Insurance; Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance; Long Term Care Insurance; Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC, Liberty Mutual and Hyatt Legal
• A Choice of Full Benefits or Lesser Benefits with Flex Cash
• Optional Deferred Compensation (457)
• Longevity Pay
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• At least one year of experience supervising and/or leading the work of a work crew.
• At least one year of experience performing landscape maintenance.
• Experience and knowledge of performing preventative maintenance and repairs to small engine tools such as mowers, edgers, chainsaws and chippers.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the job, which include strenuous physical labor, exposure to adverse weather conditions and hazardous locations.
• Must pass a post-offer physical assessment.
• Must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Must successfully pass an extensive background investigation.
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Experience working with justice involved clients.
• Two or more years of experience performing landscape maintenance.
• Experience driving a van type vehicle with a trailer.
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
• Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
• This position is open until filled. We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time.
Please see the job posting on the Clackamas County website for complete information. This document does not reflect all benefit information and job requirements.
Complete details: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=105140&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant