Post Date: 08/29/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
Position Title: INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
Location: Beaverton Early Childhood Center
Reports To: As Assigned
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Salary: $17.12 - $17.91
Prepared Date: 8/29/2019
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position carries out program activities as planned and scheduled by licensed personnel and provides instruction to individual and small groups as directed by the licensed staff. This position monitors student safety and behavior in various settings.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. High School Diploma required. Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 72 credit hours from an accredited college or university desired.
2. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with the following: e-mail (MS Outlook), internet software and word processing (MS Word).
3. Ability to lift students from a wheel chair to the floor and back and on and off of a changing table.
4. Certificates as determined by the District including a valid driver’s license and CPR certificate as well as instruction in bloodborne pathogens. Other training as required by District.
5. Ability to speak Spanish preferred. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following.
Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares instructional materials under direction of licensed teacher.
2. Provides instruction under the direction of licensed teacher.
3. Assists teacher in working with students to complete assignments.
4. Assists teacher in grading and recording students' assignments.
5. Takes and maintains data as needed and required by licensed teacher.
6. Assists students with restroom needs as directed.
7. Maintains students' safety and monitors appropriate behavior at recess, in class and during bus loading and unloading. Notes discipline issues and completes proper paperwork for reporting such incidents.
8. Participates in restraint training as required.
9. Maintains confidentiality.
10. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
11. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Washes and dries children's clothing as needed.
2. Washes dishes and toys as directed.
Equal Opportunity Employer NWRESD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NWRESD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1407 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.