Post Date: 11/18/2019
Close Date: 12/06/2019
The Portland Art Museum invites applications for the position of Tour Scheduling Coordinator within our Learning and Community Partnerships department. The Tour Scheduling Coordinator arranges and schedules school, college, and adult group tours; and provides administrative support for tour, educator, and docent programs. The role is an excellent communicator and builds relationships with teachers, docents, Museum staff, and external groups. This position works under the direction of the Head of Youth and Educator Programs.
Equity, Inclusion and Accommodation
The Portland Art Museum (PAM) strives to be an inclusive institution that facilitates respectful dialogue, debate, and the free exchange of ideas. With a deep commitment to artists – past and present – and freedom of expression, the Museum and Northwest Film Center’s collections, programs and staff aspire to reveal the beauty and complexities of the world, and create a deeper understanding of our shared humanity. We are a Museum for all, inviting everyone to connect with art through their own experiences, voices, and personal journeys. The Northwest Film Center (NWFC), a sister organization to the Museum, is a regional media arts resource and service organization founded to encourage the study, appreciation, and utilization of the moving image arts, foster their artistic and professional excellence, and to help create a climate in which they may flourish. PAM and the NWFC are committed to advancing equity and inclusion by creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will continue learning as we work to evolve as an Institution, recognizing that this journey has no end and our commitment must remain. We have an active equity team currently engaged in a journey to examine our internal culture and the work we do through an equity lens. We look forward to having all colleagues join and contribute to this important work. Learn more at https://portlandartmuseum.org/about/mission/.
PAM and the NWFC are equal opportunity employers, committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, disability or any other legally protected status. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, PAM and the NWFC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the application, interview, and hiring process. Alternative formats of this application are available upon request. If reasonable accommodation or an alternative form of this application are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 503.276.4358.
● Coordinate the school and college tour reservation process by: 1. overseeing the online reservation system and contacting teachers for further information; 2. responding to emails and phone calls from teachers related to scheduling tours; 3. communicating with docents related to guided tours; 4. processing payments for college groups.
● Coordinate the organization, reservation, and sale of private adult group tours.
● Create and distribute the weekly tour schedule, and communicate with docents, Visitor Services staff, Development, and other departments.
● Provide exceptional customer service in daily email, phone and face-to-face interactions with teachers, docents/volunteers and staff. Uphold an environment that is welcoming, friendly and approachable.
● Attend monthly tour scheduling meetings with volunteer docents.
● Promote equity, inclusion, and accessibility goals.
● Program public and school tours into the online reservation system and generate data reports from the system, as needed.
● Work with the reservation system developers to define and implement system upgrades.
● Provide administrative support to Educator, Docent, and other programs, as needed. Duties might include: providing event support for teacher professional development workshops, attending Monday morning docent training sessions, and scheduling rooms for Educator and Docent programs.
• One to two years’ experience in customer service or administrative role or equivalent experience relevant to the job.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Some higher education or vocational experience preferred.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, enthusiasm for helping people and for the Museum’s mission and vision. People-first mindset.
• Identify and positively resolve issues in the moment; strong decision making and judgement skills necessary. Knowledge of unconscious bias and awareness of microagressions.
• Strong computer skills. General familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google platforms.
• Promote equity and inclusion goals. Be respectful of diverse identities. Comfortable with and desire to engage with all constituents.
• Must be available to work consistent weekday schedule with occasional evening and weekend hours as necessary.
This position is full-time working 35 hours per week, non-exempt position. Compensation is budgeted at $17.00 per hour. The position is eligible for the Museum's benefits package first of the month following 30-days of full-time employment. Benefits include medical and dental, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday, jury duty, bereavement), long-term disability and AD&D, and a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details.
To apply online visit: www.portlandartmuseum.org/careers follow the link to create a profile. Resumes received without completed employment application will not be considered. Please no drop ins. For questions or accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Portland Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: December 6, 2019 at 4 PM PST
Complete details: www.portlandartmuseum.org/careers/