Post Date: 02/24/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Part-Time: 3 hours per week
Job Code: CCW-438
The Childcare Worker position is a part-time position (approximately 3 hours/week), providing supervision and activities to groups of children while parents and/or caregivers participate groups offered by Parents Anonymous® of Oregon. This position supports program goals of creating a nurturing and safe space for children, and a positive group experience for families. Responsibilities include providing structured age-appropriate activities for children of varied ages.
Childcare Workers help the Parent Anonymous Program by:
Maintains safe environment for children to play
Actively monitoring the children and youth to ensure safety of all participants, which includes keeping records of child attendance
Serving children healthy snacks
Supporting group leaders with set-up and clean-up for groups and activities
Greets and interacts positively with group leader, parents and caregivers
Childcare Workers work clinic setting, in a team environment. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children of various ages and have the ability to manages emotions in an appropriate and professional manner and ask for help when needed.
Schedule: Thursday; 9:00am - 12:00pm throughout the year.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• One year of experience working with young children in structured environment
• Comfort and experience working with children birth through age 12
• Communicates effectively in English both orally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including staff, supervisors and management
• High school diploma or equivalency preferred
• Fluent in the Spanish language including the ability to read, write and speak
• Prior experience working with children in a structured setting
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meets agency driving requirements
• Travel and perform duties at different agency locations
Childcare Worker: $12.50 - $13.29
Bilingual (Spanish) Childcare Worker: $13.63 - $14.49
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing through a website without enabled links: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Childcare Worker ” and click: “Apply for Job”
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/childcare-worker/