Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 06/30/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re ranked as one of the 100 best non-profit employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support a kind and independent-minded woman who truly is living the life of her dreams. She lives in an apartment in SE Portland’s Hawthorne neighborhood.
She works with children at an area hospital, and while she’s gone during the day, you’ll make meals and work on housekeeping chores in her home. After her workday is over, you’ll work alongside her to complete errands, more chores, and engage in fun community activities. This is a great opportunity to empower this woman to make a difference in her community.
• You’ll be paid for 37.5 hours per week (*plus occasional additional hours).
• You’ll work 5 shifts per week totaling 35 hours: Monday through Friday, 12pm – 7pm.
• You will also need to be available to her via phone, Monday through Friday until 10pm. On average, she’ll only call you once a week (usually between 7 and 9pm), and most calls last about 5 minutes. To compensate for this extra responsibility, we’ll pay you for an additional 2.5 hours, for a total of 37.5 hours per week.
• The occasional additional hours occur about once per month, because she will need a bit of extra help in the evening. She will usually only need about 15 minutes of assistance. You’ll be paid for whatever hours you are needed (including the time it takes for you to get to and from her home).
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for any hours worked on any agency holiday but you are not required to work holidays for this position).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage or public transit fare reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old.
• Driving on the job is optional—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Experience in the developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Kind and Independent-Minded Woman (SE Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is eager to hire the “Personal Assistant” as soon as possible so applicants will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/309C57FA2E