Post Date: 12/19/2019
Close Date: 01/17/2020
Are you an experienced Accounting professional and Supervisor who wants to feel connected to the mission and vision of your organization? At Outside In, we are guided by a belief in each individual’s potential for change and growth. Since 1968, we have been successfully empowering homeless youth and other marginalized communities to become healthy and self-sufficient. With a collaborative approach to community partnerships, we value hope, integrity and compassion. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we value their competence. At Outside In, your time and talent truly make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. Multicultural and intersecting diversities are highly valued.
We have a wonderful opportunity in our Fiscal Department
Title: Revenue Cycle Manager
Purpose: Manages payer billing and collections, along with managing the long-range planning for revenue management and budgeting.
This is a full time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Finance Director.
Apply online at: https://outsidein.org/about-us/outside-in-employment/
• Assumes overall responsibility for billing and collecting payment for services due at time of service, as well as other patient balances and maintains awareness of billing policies and third party regulations.
• Analyzes and reports on revenue cycle management such as: Identifying and minimizing preventable denials and write-offs, monitory systems workflow evaluating trends for the total business and for individual programs and providers. Generates all routine reports. Develops and generates appropriate forms.
• Evaluate and Forecast Key Metrics for revenue to obtain excellence in revenue cycle operations
• Develop and share best practices with direct and cross functional team members. Research and maintain compliance of billing industry standards
• Ensure staff members are performing job duties as expected; assess staffing patterns and performance issues recommending changes as needed and works with employees to develop departmental and individual goals
• Support billing staff in new projects, initiatives, processes and changes.
• Ensures billing operations are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Responsible for timeliness of charge activity and account follow-up. Develops innovative methods for increasing staff productivity, quality and effectiveness of revenue cycle management.
• Audits billing services transactions to ensure accuracy.
• Manages EHR system functions in support of revenue cycle management including analysis, modification of data tables, maintains and submits required support tickets.
• Builds and maintains relationships with third party payers in order to ensure reimbursement according to contracts and recommends and assists with contract negotiation.
• Assists as primary liaison and resource to programs, providers, payers, and other departments on all issues related to revenue cycle management.
• Prepares revenue entries for the accounting system by compiling and analyzing billing information.
• Knowledge of revenue cycle management with a minimum experience of 3 years. FQHC experience preferred.
• Experience with EHR and billing applications and strong knowledge of contracts and reimbursement methods.
• Technology savvy with experience software and web applications related to billing functions.
• Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data.
Complete details: https://outsidein.org/about-us/outside-in-employment/