Post Date: 01/28/2020
Close Date: 02/29/2020
Space Science Educator
$12.50 - $14.81 per hour
On-Call, scheduled for 19 hours per week or less
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Are you passionate about space science and enjoy presenting to the public? Are you experienced in presenting educational programming? Consider being a Space Science Educator for the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)! You’ll implement interpretive programming for the visiting public, including schools, families, children, and adults through both structured interpretive programs and casual interpretative experiences, as well as be part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Bachelor’s Degree in science, education, or communications, with college course work in science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of Science and Engineering process skills.
• Minimum 2 years delivering educational programming.
• Minimum of 1 year experience teaching in an informal setting (museum, zoo, nature preserve).
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick.
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/415476.html.
Position open until filled.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/415476.html