Post Date: 03/18/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
Do you value active learning, meaningful collaboration with classroom faculty, and culturally relevant and equity-minded instruction? Are you excited to work with a diverse student population? Are you eager to work collaboratively to find innovative ways to improve student success? If these questions resonate with you, then we invite you to consider joining our faculty. We value collaboration and are dedicated to guiding all students to achieve their academic and career goals.
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a tenure-track Medical Assistant instructor. Department and college service work is expected with the position (as assigned by the division or college) to support the institutional mission and goals, foremost being student success and retention. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support, and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. This position begins September 11, 2020.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity and inclusion. We have not always gotten it right, but are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees. Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
General Faculty Responsibilities
• Instruct all classes as an expert in the discipline using active learning approaches that both engage and facilitate student learning.
• Advise and assist students in their educational and career development.
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
• Pursue professional development to stay current in the field.
• Participate in program, curriculum development, and assessment activities.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, advisory committees, and other educational partners to create unique learning opportunities at Clark College.
• Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
• Work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Work cooperatively in a variety of department-level activities and college or company-wide projects.
• Understand and commit to the mission of Clark College.
• Work with the Medical Assistant director to provide leadership for the Medical Assistant program. An instructor in this position will provide lab and lecture instruction in the Medical Assistant program.
• Familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Obtain and maintain Professional-Technical Certification requirements.
• Three years of fulltime or equivalent work experience as a Medical Assistant.
• Associate’s Degree.
• Current national certification through one of the following: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (NHA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
• Successful graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
• Willingness to take on additional teaching assignments such as medical terminology, medical reimbursement, medical coding-CPT/HCPCS, medical office seminar and medical office clinical procedures are necessary.
Current starting salary is $62,049. Faculty may be eligible to advance every other year; the current top step is $87,403. Salary is for a 173-day contract; additional compensation is available for summer and moonlight teaching, and doctoral and vocational stipends.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
• Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
• Response to the following supplemental question included in the online application process:
1. Please describe how you have implemented practices and/or participated in initiatives that promote racial and cultural equity.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been submitted by April, 9, 2020
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts. Please note that upon being hired, Vocational Certification under the standard specified in WAC 131-16-070 through 131-16-094 is a condition of continued employment for all professional technical education personnel.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by videophone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
March 18, 2020
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs