Post Date: 02/12/2018
Close Date: 03/22/2018
Job Field Other: Business; Health; Tech; Marketing
Location: Seattle, WA, Portland, OR or Mountain View, CA
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a law firm that offers a new type of client experience based on a deep industry focus. Schwabe attorneys are more than a collection of lawyers; they are partners in our clients’ businesses. Our understanding of key industry sectors allows us to help clients achieve success through ideas, advice, and exceptional legal counsel. With 170 attorneys and offices in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Bend, Mountain View, Eugene and Salem, Schwabe is one of the largest Pacific Northwest regional law firms.
Schwabe is seeking an exceptional business development professional to join Schwabe’s Client Relations Department in the Seattle, Mountain View or Portland office. The Business Development Manager will enjoy a highly visible position working with the firm-wide Technology and Healthcare industry groups on their marketing and business development initiatives.
This position will work closely with firm leaders to help Schwabe maximize and leverage this unique go-to-market strategy. This is a rare opportunity to have an impact and be part of creating something new for the firm and perhaps the legal industry.
Familiarity with Technology and Healthcare industries a plus as well as an understanding of Intellectual Property legal services and buying behaviors.
A sampling of job duties include:
• Development and execution of business plans, budgets
• Running and contributing to sales pipeline meetings for assigned groups
• Providing one-on-one sales coaching for attorneys
• Strategy and prep for client and prospect meetings
• Staying abreast of current developments and trends impacting clients and prospects through proactive market research
• Developing content and pitch materials
• Working with the firm’s Public Relations group to secure effective media exposure for assigned groups.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in business marketing communications, journalism or related field, or law a plus
• Experience in the technology and healthcare industries a plus in addition to familiarity with Intellectual Property legal services
• Must have five years of marketing/business development experience
• Experience in the professional services industry a plus
• Must be committed to trying new things and taking risks
• Must be self-motivated and resourceful with a proven make-it-happen mindset
• Must be a strong writer and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people
• Must possess strong strategy development, critical thinking and general business skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law. The firm will make reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and for the known needs of qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Human Resources at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Complete details: https://www.schwabe.com/careers-professionals