Post Date: 11/20/2018
Close Date: 12/07/2018
SCADA Systems Analyst
Network Control System; Portland, OR
Posting # 50276007
November 9, 2018
Responsible for the design, development, and support of gas management/control systems (HMI/SCADA and others). May have responsibilities for leading or directing a team of application developers.
Day to day:
• Provides application development, configuration and maintenance of the main SCADA application (IFIX), as well as its associated data polling applications and interfaces with field remote terminal units (RTUs) and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
• Designs and programs HMI screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, and system interfaces.
• Collaborates with operating departments to design and program RTU/PLC devices for Gas Control and storage plant operations.
• Provides SCADA system data access and configuration tools to support safe monitoring and control of NW Natural’s transmission and distribution systems.
• Works with IT team leads to ensure consistency in architecture, development, security and change control for Gas Management Systems.
• Provides creative and technical leadership through the development of new ideas and application design approaches to meet customers’ needs.
• Researches and evaluates possible solutions to problems; presents recommendations and implements the selected solution.
• Effectively communicates design considerations and recommendations to team members and NW Natural business partners.
• Collaborates with team members to promote knowledge transfer.
• Develops and maintains system documentation including process maps, data flows, infrastructure diagrams, as well as installation and configuration procedures.
• Establishes processes to resolve problems and provides support to system operators and dispatchers on the use of the SCADA systems.
• Provides on-call (24-hour) systems support, on a rotating basis, with other Gas Management Systems team members.
• Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
Come on your first day with:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of related education/experience.
• 5+ years’ experience as a controls system developer or equivalent experience as an application developer.
• Experience in designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and commissioning HMI/SCADA applications and demonstrated problem solving skills using SCADA systems and architectures is required.
• Experience in design, development, testing and implementation of controls programming for RTUs/PLCs is required.
• Experience in installing, optimizing and troubleshooting communication drivers is required.
• Experience in architecting and developing solutions utilizing VB, C#, .Net or SQL is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and issues in a concise manner to many different audiences (customers, peers and upper management).
• Demonstrated ability to lead and encourage collaboration among a team of IT and business resources to effectively and efficiently accomplish established goals.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative and effectiveness working independently.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to investigate complex business problems in detail, diagnose, and provide an effective and efficient alternative.
• Experience in a leadership/project management role with increasing responsibility is preferred.
• Strong change management and control systems security experience is preferred.
• Experience in programming General Electric, Rockwell or Schneider Industrial Controls is preferred.
• Knowledge of Natural Gas business is preferred.
• ITIL Foundations certified or must successfully complete within 90 days of hire date.
• Subject to random drug testing.
What we offer:
• Arguably the most competitive healthcare and wellness benefits in the Pacific Northwest
• Meaningful Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary
• 401(k) with generous match and additional 5% employer contribution
• Company provided Trimet or C-Tran passes/Bike storage for cyclists
• Green Team/Diversity & Inclusion Council/Safety Team/Women’s Network
• Numerous volunteer and community engagement opportunities
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 15% discount
• 20% Employee discount on Natural Gas
• Generous Vacation/Sick leave program
• 7 Paid Holidays and up to 3 floating holidays to add an extra paid day off to Holidays Observed by NW Natural
• Flexible work schedule opportunities
Base salary range – Min. $79,450 (*$87,600 to $110,000) Max. $115,200; *Expected Hiring Range
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Deadline: December 7, 2018
At NW Natural we are committed to fair compensation, pay equity and equal opportunity for advancement in the workplace. Salaries are determined based on a combination of education, experience, skills, performance and internal equity to similar roles within our organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Complete details: https://www.nwnatural.com/Careers/JobOpportunities