Post Date: 04/02/2019
Close Date: 05/03/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care and who are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and who are expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
The location is in NW Portland, near downtown, alphabet district. This is a new program and we have 3 open shifts available to fill for this site. The shifts available are as follows:
Friday - Monday, 7am - 3:30pm (32 hrs./week).
Friday - Monday, 3:30pm to 12:00am (32/hrs. per week)
Friday - Monday, 11:30pm to 8:00am (32/hrs. per week)
The Residential Counselor works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment and co-ordinate care for residents within a residential facility, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the RC understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach assisting residents in achieving individual goals, and ultimately integrating into the community.
- The Residential Counselor I incumbent must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- The Residential Counselor II incumbent must possess a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. The job incumbent must demonstrate the competencies as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005 to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OARs.
- The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Bachelor's Degree given the high occurrence of substance use/abuse.
Experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must understand recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery, evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Proficient in operating computer hardware and software (including EMR software)
- Ability to enter and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org