Post Date: 06/28/2019
Close Date: 07/28/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR I
This is a full time position (40 hours/week) located at a residential treatment facility in Oregon City, OR. The schedule is Sunday - Thursday, 12:00pm - 8:30pm.
The Program Supervisor I works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for residents within the residential facility, while supporting a trauma-informed care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Program Supervisor I understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately transitioning to a less restrictive setting. The Program Supervisor I assures that program activities are administered in cooperation with treatment team members and as directed by the Program Manager. The employee will provide general and specific direction to team members, will be responsible for management of the program milieu, and serve as back up to those supervised.
- The incumbent must possess a Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of full time professional experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. This position must demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA), as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005.
- A degree and/or credentialing in art, music, dance or recreational therapy is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Experience providing supervision is a plus.
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Understanding of trauma-informed care environment principles
- Understanding of Illness Management and Recovery principles
- Skills necessary for strengths-based services provision
- Operate computer hardware and software (including EMR software) at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare simple reports
- Possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org