Post Date: 05/13/2020
Close Date: 06/03/2020
Professional Engineer 2 – Urban Mobility Office Resident Engineer - Consultant Projects
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor's Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are recruiting for agency critical positions at this time using virtual tools and processes such as video and phone interviewing to support social or physical distancing. We are also continuing to evaluate the situation and may extend or place recruitments on hold as appropriate. Current applicants for affected positions will be notified.
Are you an experienced professional engineer who wants to play a key role in delivering the largest and most complex transportation infrastructure projects in Oregon? Our Urban Mobility Office (UMO) in downtown Portland is seeking a resident engineer – consultant projects to assist our UMO deputy director in all activities associated with project development and construction for projects, including the I-205 and Rose Quarter mega projects.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
What we need:
A valid professional engineer's (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering and three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in the state of Oregon within six months of hire.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
- Experience developing outsourcing contracts and negotiating costs for complex highway construction projects, including those associated with alternative contracting techniques such as design-build, CM/GC or A+B (+C).
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while communicating with high-profile individuals in a tactful and professional manner.
- Experience developing/tracking project controls for alternative delivery projects, such as design-build, CM/GC or A+B (+C).
- Experience generating schedules in Primavera, Microsoft Project or similar software.
Learn more and apply!
- This recruitment is open until filled. The first round of screening is scheduled for Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. We encourage you to not delay in applying.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-40459 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
- For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer