Post Date: 12/18/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Associate – Finance and Accounting
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Finance and Accounting Associate to perform financial and contract administration in support of the organization’s mission and revenue goals. While reporting to Finance, this role directly supports critical internal programmatic stakeholders in the organization.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Develop assigned project and overhead budgets with project leads
• Monitor assigned projects and overhead costs, including cost-to-complete analyses, purchases, agreements, contract close-outs, and others
• Maintain assigned financial reporting, including staffing charts, EFRs, CCRS reporting, and project-specific requirements, and others
• Support financial training for new and experienced staff on topics including JSRs, staffing charts, budgeting, and timesheet nuances
• Support proposal-development teams in creating budgets, which may include preparation of proposal materials for submission to funders
• Ensure appropriate contract administration processing for assigned projects, including coordination with project leads and clients
• Coordinate proper tracking of subcontractor and consultant agreements, including coordination with business office to ensure prompt payment
• Support organizational contract requirements
• Ensure prompt client billing including generating invoices, validating accuracy with contracts, and entry in accounting system
• Support process improvement activities involving organizational structures, committees, and work groups
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other closely related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years’ experience with budget development and monitoring in a professional services (billable hour) environment with attention to developing strong partnerships with critical internal stakeholders
• Experience tracking and monitoring staffing levels and assignments
• Proven ability to work in collaboration and coordination with other staff at all levels within the organization
• Ability to work independently and with good humor in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, while prioritizing tasks to manage workload
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
• Experience and/or interest working with diverse co-workers and stakeholders and a commitment to equity work
• Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Understanding of basic accounting
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Minimal travel required; may involve some local offsite travel by car or public transit, and/or travel out of state by common carrier on an occasional basis
• Office environment, based in Portland, Oregon
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://www.localjobnetwork.com/job/detail/35162367/Associate-Finance-and-Accounting
Please include the Position Number above and salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.