Post Date: 05/29/2019
Close Date: 07/01/2019
Early Childhood Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: MHT-441
We are seeking a Mental Health Therapist/QMHP with a passion to serve children, adolescents and their families who are struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges. Specifically, we’d like to hire a Mental Health Therapist with early childhood experience who has expertise in developmental needs of children 0-5 years of age. This position works in an outpatient clinic setting.
You will be joining the Gresham Outpatient team, within an agency committed to adopting the Sanctuary Model. Our therapists are trained and supported to provide individual, family and group therapy modalities, along with active case management and advocacy. Incredible Years, Seeking Safety and ARC model trainings are offered, along with active supervision and consultation groups; licensure supervision is available. We are inclusive and supportive, and provide care that is developmentally targeted and trauma informed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates knowledge of the local mental health system and collaborates with partners to such as Coordinated Care Organizations, Department of Human Services, Wraparound principals, school districts, hospitals, and other mental health providers.
• Provides services for clinic-based programs; individual, group, and family therapy. Completes all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal and organizational requirements.
• Provides case management and coordinates referrals to community resources. Assists clients with completion of necessary paperwork to facilitate access to services and funding sources essential to completion of the established plan of care to include: social security, Oregon health plan, specific program scholarships, etc.
Program: Gresham Outpatient
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field required
• Meets QMHP requirements under State of Oregon Administrative Rules required
• Two years of direct treatment experience in a mental health setting with children and families, minimum of one-year experience with children
0-5 years of age
• Current Oregon Licensed mental health professional or a current professional mental health license in another state preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal history check
• Language test, if applicable
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $19.36-$22.99
Bilingual (Spanish) Mental Health Therapist: $21.10-$25.06
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “EC- MHT-441” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Mental Health Therapist position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/early-childhood-mental-health-therapist/