Post Date: 10/03/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
Reports to: Director, IT and Dev Operations
Schedule: Monday – Friday (Must be available to work on-call, evenings, and weekends)
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Date Written/Revised: September 2019
Learning.com is a national leader in providing digital literacy solutions that help prepare students for online assessments, school, college, and their future careers. The company offers a complete digital literacy curriculum for grades K-8 that engages students as they develop critical skills such as keyboarding, business applications, online safety, computational thinking, and coding. Founded in 1999, Learning.com currently partners with one in six U.S. school districts and serves more than 4 million students each year. The company has earned more than 30 industry awards, including ISTE 2017 Best of Show, 2017 Award of Excellence from "Tech & Learning Magazine", and "The Oregonian’s Top Workplace” for 2018, 2017, and 2016.
The System Administrator will collaborate with software engineers to build and maintain deployment tools, develop and configure deployment automations, streamline DevOps processes, monitor and respond to issues, and continue to advance Learning.com’s DevOps efforts. This role will be directly responsible for the day to day operations, availability, reliability, performance, scalability, and security of the Learning.com web applications and all internal server infrastructure, networking, and storage systems.
The System Administrator is responsible for understanding the impacts and constraints on the internal and external infrastructure when various events are introduced to the environments. This is a highly technical role that includes leading the troubleshooting, investigation, and issue resolution when disruptions happen to the various Learning.com environments. This includes the day to day monitoring of the server, storage, network, database, and web systems—as well as being heavily involved in the code release process.
The System Administrator also interacts with vendors and service providers and is responsible for keeping the organization informed of production issues.
• Develop infrastructure-as-code to deploy new production environments, fix issues, and implement new services; automate ongoing tasks to simplify management of servers and services
• Design, develop, update, and maintain systems to insure availability, performance, reliability, and manageability of services
• Develop monitoring and maintenance strategies to ensure availability and performance standard are being met
• Identify threats to system integrity (security threats, DR incidents, data corruption), develop policies, determine appropriate precautions, create measurable standards, document procedures, implement changes, and perform ongoing maintenance to ensure business continuity during unplanned events
• Work closely with architects, developers, technical support staff, and vendors
• Troubleshoot web applications, databases, file systems, services, networking equipment, and content delivery networks
• Respond quickly to production issues and provide incident response management
• Provide after hours on-call, release, and maintenance support (duties rotate between on-call employees on a weekly basis)
• Document standard operating procedures
• Provide all tiers of support to internal users
• Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Individual contributor
• Must be collaborative, adaptable, self-driven, dependable, and customer focused
• Demonstrate a firm understanding of the networking equipment and concepts, web applications, networking, load balancing, high availability technologies, and disaster recovery architecture
• Candidates must have 5 or more years of combined education and/or work experience and be able to demonstrate strong technical and troubleshooting skills in the following areas:
• Automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Rundeck, or Ansible
• Scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Ruby, or Perl
• Amazon Web Services or other cloud service providers
• Various server and web-based technologies, Linux, Microsoft, and/or containers
• Relational and non-relational databases; Microsoft SQL and Redis experience preferred
• Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends when necessary
Location: Portland, Oregon
Work involves talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to his job at any time.
Learning.com is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Complete details: https://learningjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/379728.html