Post Date: 02/08/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Position Title: Night Porter-Event Assistant
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Event Logistics Manager
Status: Part-time. On-Call. Variable hours, evenings and weekends. Estimated 6-30 hours per week.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date: 2/15/19
The Night Porter-Event Assistant will work with the Ecotrust Event Logistics Manager and the rest of the Events team to clean, set-up, and maintain the event spaces at the Natural Capitol Center and The Redd on Salmon Street. This may also involve customer service and light office duties. Physical work is a large part of the position. The Night Porter-Event Assistant will provide event setup and breakdown, which entails moving tables, chairs, small tents, and other event items. The position involves housekeeping, including vacuuming, mopping, glass cleaning, and recycling/composting. Qualified candidates must be an effective team player, an organized and efficient worker, and committed to the organization’s mission. Position requires graveyard shifts and flexibility with schedule.
Who we are: Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love.
Since 2001, we have operated event facilities in Ecotust’s historic LEED-certified building in the Pearl District. Our event operations serve to tell Ecotrust’s story and return funding resources back to the organization. We’re rapidly expanding in 2019, with an additional 7,000-square-foot venue called the Irving Street Studio. Additionally, the Redd on Salmon Street, a campus dedicated to the good food movement fully opened in January of 2019. Redd East will offer 10,000+ square feet of combined convening space. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
• Coordinating with Event Coordinator on the clean up after events.
• Set up and teardown for events, lifting and/or moving furniture; physical work is involved
• Set up audiovisual equipment and troubleshoot as needed.
• Set up and teardown for events, lifting and/or moving furniture; physical work is involved.
• Housekeeping of event spaces, to include but not limited to: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and mopping floors, taking out the trash, recycling, and composting, etc.
• Light office work.
• Building security (unlock and lockup).
• Administrative duties: database work in Sales Force, processing contracts, checks, insurance forms, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High level of customer service/client care required.
• Enthusiasm for physical work.
• Experience in events/catering preferred.
• Reliable, Responsible, and Respectable.
• Highly personable, proactive, and self-motivated.
• Ability to prioritize as the situation demands.
• Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as needed.
• Able to lift 50lbs or more. (Must be able to move conference center furniture on own.)
• Enthusiasm and knowledge about audio/visual equipment a plus.
• Work well in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to occasionally do repetitive tasks (set up/teardown).
• Must be organized and able to pay attention to minute details.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans' Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans' preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to the contact above in advance to request assistance.
How To Apply:
Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC on the Ecotrust website) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume (1 page maximum) to: email@example.com with “Event Coordinator” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
The Selection Process:
1. Initial review of minimum qualifications
3. Interview (over the phone or video call)
4. Consideration of top candidates (in-person hiring activities)
5. Reference checks