Post Date: 06/28/2019
Close Date: 07/15/2019
Continuing Education Program Manager - Economic and Community Development
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, exempt Continuing Education Program Manager position to join the Economic and Community Development (ECD) team. This position is responsible for developing and executing continuing education programs for personal enrichment and professional development. This position has a significant amount of autonomy to operate within the College's policies, but also works as an integrated member of the ECD team.
ECD at Clark College is a vibrant, fast-paced division of the college that works closely with the community, serving over 8,000 students and running more than 500 classes per year. The department operates as a self-funded business, which gives us funding flexibility and the agility to meet emerging market needs. This position is ideal for an energetic, self-starter who enjoys working on a team and making a difference in their community.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage a portfolio of open enrollment classes addressing community needs and interests.
• Research trends and assess the educational needs and interests of the community.
• Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate a team of continuing education instructors following established procedures.
• Foster a climate of multicultural understanding and inclusion.
• Work in conjunction with the operations team to on-board and support new instructors.
• Lead budget and pricing of classes to ensure we meet our financial goals.
• Negotiate occasional contracts with third-party vendors for programs and services.
• Collaborate on ECD marketing strategies to identify and execute marketing tactics to generate demand for our classes.
• Assist in the development of our quarterly catalog by writing concise and compelling copy for course descriptions and promotions.
• Use survey data to measure student satisfaction and continuously improve the quality of instruction.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both students and instructors.
• Work closely with the ECD operations team to manage the workload efficiently and to ensure a quality learning experience.
• Provide project management for complex trainings and conferences involving external partnerships.
• Support the college's mission by creating a learning environment of mutual respect and fairness, while encouraging creative and critical thinking.
• Create a safe, bias-free working environment, which engenders respect for differences.
• Provide leadership in accordance with the mission, Core themes, objectives and values established by the college.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree OR equivalent, related experience.
• Three years or more of experience in developing and delivering educational/training programs.
• Three years or more of experience in program management.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in curriculum development.
• Budget skills.
• Ability to flex schedule to attend community outreach events and evaluate instructors in the classroom when needed.
• Understanding of social media.
• Experience in a dynamic environment.
• Functional understanding of Word and Excel.
• Critical thinking skills and problem-solving ability.
• Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
$ 53,513 annually
Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
• Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office in person or by fax (360-992-2873).
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., July 15, 2019.
Condition of employment:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 25, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs