Post Date: 12/10/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Product Strategy
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Date Written/Revised: December 2018
Learning.com is a national leader in providing digital literacy solutions that help prepare students for online assessments, school, college and their future careers. The company offers a complete digital literacy curriculum for grades K-8 that engages students as they develop critical skills such as keyboarding, business applications, online safety, computational thinking and coding. Founded in 1999, Learning.com currently partners with one in six U.S. school districts and serves more than 4 million students each year. The company has earned more than 30 industry awards, including ISTE 2017 Best of Show, 2017 Award of Excellence from "Tech & Learning Magazine" and "The Oregonian’s Top Workplace” for 2018, 2017 and 2016.
Learning.com is looking for a dynamic, talented, strong leader who will be responsible for providing guidance to our marketing department by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts, communicating marketing plans to senior leadership and the company, building awareness and positioning for Learning.com in the EdTech space. The Director or Marketing will work closely with sales, product marketing, and other departments to assure the company meets its revenue goals and maximizes market share.
• Develop, implement and manage a marketing plan and budget assuring plan is in line with corporate strategy and expenditures are in line with department budget.
• Develop and execute a lead generation plan to support the acquisition of new customers.
• Ensure that Learning.com positions and promotes their products based on full understanding the K-8 education market.
• Ensure the activities of the marketing teams align with and support the company’s strategic plan and guide the day-to-day activities of the team.
• Develop monthly reports on marketing activities including analytics, outcomes of activities and recommendations for improvement.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization, creating advocacy and enlisting and promoting a team approach to achieve business and company goals.
• Collaboratively work with new-business sales, account management, and customer support teams to identify new tools and resources to support lead generation and retention efforts.
• Ensure that collateral, sales tools, marketing programs and PR activities are aligned with Learning.com’s goals, and products/solutions market positioning strategies.
• Increase the empowerment, innovation and productivity of direct reports and overall team, while driving a positive and respectful team-oriented environment.
• Manage vendors and consultants to ensure agreements are properly executed, fulfilled and in compliance with regulations.
• Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervision of the marketing team, marketing consultants and vendors.
• 10+ years of experience marketing experience.
• Experience working in SaaS company strongly preferred
• Knowledge of the educational publishing or K-12 market desirable
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing, Communications or Business. MBA preferred.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with digital marketing including SEO/SEM, web analytics, drip & nurture email campaigns, and marketing automation systems, preferably HubSpot and/or Salesforce
• Solid strategic marketing analytical skills (e.g., market and competitive dynamics, business performance).
• Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with excellent writing, communication, teamwork and relationship-building skills using problem solving, informed decision-making, program development/management, and execution.
• Proven track record of successful personnel management.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
• Must be able to travel.
Location: Portland, OR
Work involves talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Learning.com is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
Complete details: https://learningjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/294560.html