Post Date: 11/25/2019
Close Date: 12/08/2019
POSITION TITLE: CRISIS INTERVENTION TEAM COORDINATOR DEPARTMENT: FAMILY AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
OPEN DATE: NOVEMBER 25, 2019 REPORTS TO: COORDINATED SYSTEMS MANAGER
CLOSE DATE: DECEMBER 8, 2019 WORK LOCATION: 1001 SW BASELINE, HILLSBORO
HIRING RANGE:* $20.80 - $22.88 HOURLY FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME (RFT) FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
WORK HOURS PER WEEK: 40 NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
MONTHS ACTIVE: ALL POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 6
Under Oregon statute, after July 1, 1996, an offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the results of criminal offender information record check, and possibly fingerprinting, conducted on applicants for employment in early childhood services agencies. Applicants who have been convicted of certain offenses or who refuse to consent to such background checks will not be hired for this position. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Continuation of all positions is contingent upon future funding.
*Note on Hiring Range:
For applicants with extensive qualifications and/or years of experience, the new hire maximum rate may be exceeded with the approval of the Director of Human Resources and the Executive Director. If approval is granted, it will be based upon careful review of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, internal equity and budgetary considerations. The final rate approved will typically never be at a rate equal to or above the established market rate for the position.
In support of the Agency’s mission, and under direction of the Coordinated Systems Manager, the Crisis Intervention Team Coordinator coordinates the daily operations of the Community Action Resource Eligibility assessment process and provides supervision to staff providing CARE assessments in the community. Responsible for day to day supervision, training and support to assigned Community Resource Advocate IIs who conduct centralized intake assessments, gather required documentation, and provide direct referrals to a variety of Community Action programs. Responsible for ensuring assessments and referrals take place in accordance with the policies and procedures of the internal CARE assessment process. Acts as point of contact for community partners conducting CARE assessments on site. This position ensures that client information is accurately entered into HMIS and OPUS, and that referrals are made and responded to correctly. Responsible for working with the program’s leadership team to develop new policies and procedures in response to changes in program and community needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Meet regularly with intake staff to provide supervision, training and support, encourage professional development, identify performance concerns, evaluate work, and provide feedback. Responsible for building an effective team by supporting and responding appropriately to concerns and facilitating constructive resolution to team issues.
• Work with the CARE work group, program managers and community partners to develop and maintain written policies and procedures to support functioning of the universal intake system for Community Action CARE.
• Directs daily operations of assessment process to ensure quality in customer service and consistency in operations.
• Coordinates efficient assessment scheduling to appropriate county locations to ensure equitable access to clients. Provides screening/assessment services as needed.
• Ensures that staff members understand and comply with established CARE assessment system, policies and procedures, and provides training and assistance to staff in the provision of client centered service interactions.
• Monitors daily data entry activities and ensures adherence to established data entry protocols. Responsible for monitoring data quality and ensuring data quality of staff.
• Communicates current program policies and procedures to program and agency staff, outreach partners, community organizations.
• Represents the program on local and statewide committees and work groups as assigned.
• Responds appropriately to client issues and concerns as needed.
• Strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times and respond/correct any at-risk safety issues immediately.
• Strictly adhere to agency code of ethics and standards of workplace behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs including regular and reliable attendance and adherence to all company workplace behavior standards.
Marginal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Other marginal functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or a related field in addition to at least two (2) years of experience delivering direct services to a diverse population using appropriate customer service techniques, including experience interviewing clients/customers and assessing needs, as well as providing appropriate information and advocacy to meet customer needs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 2 years prior supervisory experience. Current employees of Community Action who have completed Supervisor Development Training will be considered to have met this requirement.
• Intermediate level computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and calendaring programs.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of community members, including professional organizations, service providers, and client advocates.
• Proven ability to work in an environment requiring frequent problem solving and decision making.
• Experience working with complex regulations and guidelines requiring implementation, documentation and monitoring for quality control.
• Bilingual Spanish/English, verbal and written.
Required Licensing or Other Special Certifications:
Required Physical Demands of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work is primarily performed in normal office environment.
• Constant exposure to computer and keyboard with extensive phone use.
• In normal work day, may stand/walk 4 hrs/day; may sit _4_ hrs/day; may drive _1/2_ hrs/day; may use hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, typing and fine manipulation _2_ hrs/day; may use hands at or above shoulder level for _1_ hrs/day.
• In normal work day, may bend, squat, and/or climb frequently.
• Work is light in nature, lifting maximum of 20 lbs with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
• May require walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arms and/or leg controls.
How to Apply for this Position:
To be considered we must receive a completed Community Action Employment Application form. You are welcome to also include a cover letter and resume at your option. Transcripts may be required for certain positions. Applications can be completed on our website: www.caowash.org or you can print off the application to complete or pick up the application form at either of our following locations:
Hillsboro – 1001 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Beaverton – 5050 SW Griffith Dr, Suite 101, Beaverton OR 97005
Be sure to submit your application in a timely manner. If you choose not to complete an online application, you can send your completed application form, optional resume and cover letter and any other required documents via fax at 503.357.6057. If you prefer to mail your application be sure to mail attention Human Resources at the Hillsboro office address above.
All application submissions will be acknowledged with a receipt notification. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
All current Community Action employees are encouraged to apply for openings at Community Action which they are interested in. For current employees, some qualifications may be met by an equivalent combination or education and experience at the discretion of the employer.
Benefits: All regular full-time (RFT) status positions of 0.50 full-time equivalent or higher are eligible for our outstanding benefits package including:
• Generous paid sick and vacation time
• 12 0bserved holidays
• Medical, vision and dental insurance
• Free life and long term disability insurance
• Medex travel assistance
• Employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Rich and diverse mission-based working environment
COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/