Post Date: 11/12/2018
Close Date: 12/14/2018
The Portland office of Stoel Rive seek an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Practice Assistant Services Department.
• Enter and process data including timesheets, approval forms, expenses, vendor invoices, purchase orders, new business intake, docketing, CLE tracking, etc.
• Photocopy, scan, fax, print and organize documents
• Route internal mail and documents
• Prepare and transmit basic correspondence
• File management and maintenance (hard copy and electronic)
• Coordinate and distribute proformas and invoices (if applicable)
• Schedule meetings and coordinate reservations for conference rooms
• Maintain contact databases and distribution lists
• Coordinate event registration and travel arrangements
• Track and report work assignments
• Maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs
• Other administrative tasks as assigned
Keep personally identifiable information, personal health information, and attorney/client privileged information confidential; prioritize daily responsibilities and special projects and readjust as priorities change; coordinate resources to meet deadlines; perform multiple tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment; maintain a calm, courteous, and professional demeanor at all times; be a constant-learner, flexible, proactive, efficient and resourceful; take initiative and follow through; work independently and in an interactive team environment; have prompt, regular, and predictable attendance; have strong organizational, grammar, and proofreading skills; pay attention to detail; have outstanding interpersonal and client service skills; have clear, effective, and professional verbal and written communication skills; and be proficient and fluent in reading, writing, and verbal communication in English.
• Must accurately type 50+ wpm
• Demonstrated proficiency in common office applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with at law firm software, such as iManage, Chrome River, Carpe Diem, Paperless Proforma, Intapp, Meeting Room Manager, Box, Workshare Compare, Metadata Assistant, and InterAction is a plus
Operate a telephone, personal computer, and all types of photocopy equipment and other necessary office equipment; read and comprehend handwritten and typed notes or instructions; type on a computer keyboard in a sitting or standing position for extended periods of time during a 7.5 hour workday; learn and effectively use firm style and software applications; accurately proofread documents; accurately record and deliver phone messages; carry files, binders, and pouches of files for short distances. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience working in an office and/or law firm setting preferred. Associate degree or additional postsecondary education preferred. Basic understanding of accounting preferred.
NORMAL WORK HOURS
This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime compensation. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required on occasion.
To apply please visit our website: https://www.stoel.com/about/careers/administrative-business-professionals/openings
Stoel Rives is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Stoel Rives LLP: Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. For more information, follow us @stoelrives or visit www.stoel.com.