Post Date: 06/17/2020
Close Date: 07/01/2020
Clark County Public Health is seeking a dedicated Public Health Nurse to provide public health nursing services to families of children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) in Clark County, WA.
The primary role is to provide care coordination, support and advocacy for CYSHCN ages 0 to 19. The child’s special needs may include short-term or chronic physical, developmental, behavioral or mental health conditions.
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Healthy Families Program Manager II.
This position is represented by Local 335 – LIUNA (Health Care Division, Laborers International Union of North America).
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university, and two (2) years of increasing responsibility/work experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the position. New graduates will be considered if the candidate had a public health practicum that included experience in a Public Health setting.
Other requirements and skills:
• Current Washington State RN license.
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to reliable transportation; nurse will operate their own vehicle for visits to families.
• Finalists for the position must submit to a criminal background check, as required by RCW 43.43.830.
• Current CPR certification.
• Participate in annual, department-wide diversity, preparedness and other trainings.
• Proficient at working independently.
• Strong interpersonal skills that includes positive communication with clients, families, community partners and co-workers.
• Effective time management that allows for the timely processing of referrals, management of a large caseload, timely documentation and follow-up activities.
• Flexibility that allows for meeting the immediate needs that sometime arise for families, or for the community (i.e., a communicable disease outbreak).
HOW TO APPLY:
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 335.391 ($29.63 - $38.68) per hour
Close Date: 7/1/2020
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position