Post Date: 04/12/2019
Close Date: 04/26/2019
Pay range: $41.25 - $50.76 Hourly
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst you are someone with extensive experience and knowledge of technology, methodologies, and tools, and who can process, lead the work, and partner with software developers, customers, external jurisdictions, vendors, and a variety of stakeholders. With your broad business and technology expertise, you are able to lead projects and assist in designing and implementing effective technology solutions.
Your Next Challenge:
Multnomah County IT is seeking an experienced Senior Business Systems Analyst to support the business needs of the Multnomah County Health Department.
The Senior BSA is an integral member of the Application Services Team and is responsible for collaborating with customers to understand their business needs from a strategic perspective and applying a wide range of technologies to address them. This position will:
* Develop a thorough understanding of the existing IT resources and capabilities and apply them to specific customer issues
* Act as the liaison for all customers requests for IT services.
* Participate with other members of the application service team to develop consistent processes and procedures for documenting and managing customer requests.
BUSINESS CASE DEVELOPMENT:
* Develop business cases for customers requests. Work closely with customers and appropriate IT team to identify all benefits, risks, and the total cost of ownership.
* Communicate business cases and make recommendations to Customers, IT Management, and others.
* Participate with other members of the Application Services team to develop consistent processes and procedures for documenting business cases based on customer requests.
* Act as project manager for the specific stages of IT projects and phase reviews and leading projects related to vendor solutions.
* Develop project plans with appropriate tasks, resources, milestones, and timelines
* Throughout project lifecycle, define and conduct phase reviews interfacing with other IT teams and customers.
* Manage issues tracking and resolution for assigned projects
REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION, BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYSIS, PRODUCT EVALUATIONS, TESTING, AND TRAINING:
* Develop requirements definition, business specifications, business process analysis, user acceptance test plans, and end user training programs for assigned projects. May at times oversee others with some of these activities.
* Assist users and team members in conducting business process analysis.
* Assist users and team members in developing plans and conducting user acceptance testing.
* Participate in establishing processes and procedures for consistent development of requirements definition, business process analysis, product evaluations, user acceptance testing, and end user training.
* Oversee portfolio management for specific customers and/or enterprise
* As applicable, learn and oversee configuration management capabilities for third party products; maintain the Applications Lifecycle of assigned third party products
* Communicate knowledge of existing IT resources and team and application capabilities to customers to maximize utilization and minimize redundancy.
Who we are: Multnomah County IT is one of the most innovative government IT organizations in the nation, dynamically aligning itself with emerging industry trends. We are a group of creative, smart, and talented people who foster an inclusive environment of collaboration and fun. Our strength is the diversity of our people.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent practical and relevant experience.
* Seven (7) years of IT business consulting experience managing relationships and the demand for IT services with primary focus in application systems.
* This position must pass a criminal history records check.
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*: You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify however keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills:
* Advanced knowledge of capturing and documenting requirements and business rules for evaluating third party products.
* Advanced to expert knowledge of or skill in social services health care program area. This knowledge or skill may be obtained by prior work experience and/or prior systems analysis experience in the healthcare field.
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
Screening and Evaluation
The Application Packet:
* A completed online application.
* A resume and Cover Letter covering relevant experience and education. Please be sure your resume includes the following for each employer: name of employer, location, dates of employment, your title, a brief summary of your responsibilities, the number of employees under your supervision.
Note: The application, resume and cover letter should demonstrate your work experience/skills and how it is related to those shown in the Overview and To Qualify sections of the job announcement. Please be thorough, as these materials will be scored and determine your eligibility for an interview.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
* Initial review of minimum qualifications: We may do an additional preferred review and/or send out additional supplemental questions to identify those highest qualified.
* Technical Exam: Allow up to two hours to complete. Some completed online and some in person.
* Consideration of top candidates: We will consider qualified candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include panel interview(s), a hiring interview, and/or additional testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
* Background check and reference checks: All finalists must pass a thorough a criminal records check and reference check.
This recruitment may be used to fill full-time, part-time, temporary, limited duration and on-call positions.
Type of Position: This hourly, local 88 union-represented position is eligible overtime.
Location: 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 400
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. There is some flexibility with the start and end times and a possibility of a 9/80 schedule.