Post Date: 01/08/2019
Close Date: 01/25/2019
The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the accounts receivable team. The Senior focuses on working with the team to define and standardize best practices and assist with documenting policies and procedures. In the areas of financial accounting, accounts receivable, and revenue recognition, perform accounting processes to ensure the timely and accurate reporting of revenues. The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for ensuring fare revenues (including E-Fare revenues) and other related revenues are posted to the general ledger accurately and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Perform other related duties as required
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work.
1. Collaborate with AR team and management to identify and execute process improvement as it relates to accounts receivable and revenues. Lead and provide guidance to AR team on agency-wide projects impacting accounts receivable and revenue. Collaborate with Accounting Manager and Director of Financial Services to identify and develop solutions to increase efficiency and accuracy in work products. Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports and provide analysis to support the monthly activities related to sales/revenues, accounts receivables, deferred revenues, and other accounts.
2. On a daily basis, audit and reconcile E-Fare transactions in accounting systems to ensure compliance with local transit partners (revenue sharing agreements) and revenue recognition complies with GAAP. Work closely with Fare Revenue, Customer Service and Treasury/Cash Management Accountant to ensure proper accounting, recognition and reporting of fare revenue related transactions.
3. Maintain internal and external relationships and provide customer service between TriMet, local transit partners (C-Tran, Streetcar) and retail network partners (Western Union, Green Dot, Pinnacle, Ready Credit, Blackhawk) within the E-Fare system. Develop and maintain accounting reconciliation processes. Generate and provide monthly financial and ridership reports to local transit partners. Items include revenue sharing calculations based on ridership data, retail activity reconciliations, commissions, calculations, resolve transactional discrepancies, coordination of monthly settlements, reconciling of accounts receivable for shared system costs, and other items as needed.
4. Develop and maintain process documentation on E-Fare and other Accounts Receivable policies and procedures, including internal controls and separation of duties as it relates to accounts receivable and revenue recognition.
5. Perform monthly financial close tasks associated with revenue including the preparation of various reconciliations, deferred revenue roll forward, monthly journal entries and revenue related analysis. Prepare audit schedules, workpapers and reconciliations required for the annual external financial audit. Prepare supporting financial statement footnotes and related required financial disclosures for accounts receivable and revenue recognition. Maintain the statistical data and the system used to provide monthly transit ridership, sales, revenue share and other key statistics and ad hoc reports for management. On a monthly basis, review, reconcile and validate retail outlet activity.
6. Assist in system testing related to automation of processes and system enhancement activities such as the AR sub-ledger (Sage). Work closely with Fare Revenue Business Systems Analyst and Information Technology to ensure the accounts receivable systems are functioning effectively, troubleshooting errors and issues, provide feedback as an end user perspective or development, and end user test system updates.
7. Perform backup duties for the Revenue Accountant in their absence.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field.
CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
A minimum of six (6) years total credited experience. Experience in accounting, personal computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access database) and accounting software applications required. Oracle software experience preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
To learn more and apply, go to: https://trimet.org/careers
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.
Complete details: https://trimet.org/careers