Post Date: 03/03/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Instructor
Department: Human Resources: Learning & Development
The City of Hillsboro is looking for language instructors or language instruction businesses to provide a program of non-credit based language learning opportunities for City employees. In line with the City’s commitment to excellence in public service, this instruction is offered to allow professional development to employees to help better serve all Hillsboro residents.
These Instructors or companies must be Independent Contractors and will be asked to sign a contract in order to do business with the City. Payment will be at a maximum rate of $65.00 per hour.
Instructors must meet the IRS definition of an Independent Contractor prior to contracting with the City to provide these services. In order to meet this definition, a person must have a sole proprietorship, LLC or other established business providing these services. There are several ways to demonstrate that you are an Independent Contractor. See this IRS link for more information.
• Experience teaching ESOL to adults in an educational environment
• Experience with curriculum/syllabus design
• Recognized TESOL/TESL or related qualification
• Curriculum preparation for non-credited class
• Deliver 1 to 2 hour classes for 10 week duration (1 class per week)
• Provide instruction related to particular language needs of City employees: customer service, interactions with the public based on City processes, communication with different community stake holders.
• Offer individualized support by email and potentially other means to City employees in the learning program
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide an informal proposal to provide these services.
Proposals should include:
• A description of your business and the type of business
• Resumes of the proposed instructor or instructors
• A description of the services you provide and a list of one to three business references.
• Evidence of language-related/ teaching qualification or related educational document
• Example of lesson plan/syllabus
Please send proposals to email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday March 31, 2020