Post Date: 03/06/2020
Close Date: 04/17/2020
Special Project, Full-Time
Scheduled to work 40 hours per week June 2020 – August 2020.
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking applications for the Transportation Coordinator position. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for the organization and coordination of student transportation services utilized by OMSI’s science classes for field trips and overseeing the school bus rentals for OMSI’s outdoor summer camp programs. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Oversee and facilitate daily transportation operations during OMSI’s science classes and OMSI’s residential camps, including the scheduling of drivers, coordinating bus rentals, and troubleshooting bus issues as they arise.
• Responsible for scheduling buses with bus rental company.
• Work with and support drivers, instructors, assistants, and volunteers.
• Ensure the safe transportation of students to field trip sites around Oregon and Washington.
• Responsible for student management while on the road.
• Responsible for shuttling buses back and forth from the bus barn, including the coordination with drivers to shuttle buses at the beginning and end of each week.
• Responsible for tracking mileage, double checking invoices, and processing payments to the bus leasing company.
• Responsible for ensuring that all of the buses used by OMSI have current trip and block permits.
• Responsible for coordinating maintenance on all busses with the bus rental company.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with both students and staff.
• Visual, perceptual, cognitive and judgment ability in order to recognize and respond appropriately to safety and security issues.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Working knowledge of program coordination and bus safety procedures.
• Minimum 7 years of driving experience.
• Minimum 1 year program coordination experience.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• $16.69 - $20.29 per hour, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 25 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423643.html
Position closes April 17, 2020.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423643.html