Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 03/20/2020
POSITION: Salesforce Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems and Technology
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Information Systems and Technology Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-Time, Benefited
The Salesforce Administrator reports to the Executive Director of Information Systems and Technology to provide business analysis and administrative support of our Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy new business processes. This position will also work closely with Salesforce and the appropriate delivery teams to design future state technology solutions for the University.
• Performs upgrades, solution design, analysis, troubleshooting, testing, documentation, and support of document management, quality assurance, and user facing applications and products.
• Serves as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce platform and will handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
• Provide management, oversight, reporting and organization for the Salesforce used by the Admission Office
• Work with Student Information System analyst to maintain and monitor timely and accurate data flow between the Salesforce CRM and the Student Information System
• Responsible for the planning, direction and oversight of Salesforce for the College including upgrades, integrations, data, and system changes;
• Facilitate training sessions, troubleshoot issues and provide solutions.
• Seek opportunities for automation and improvement of current processes resulting in efficiencies;
• Keeping abreast of new features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvement. Adaptable to changing responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
• Work with application vendors, Virtual Team and Business Owners to schedule upgrades, enhancements, and security/regulatory patches;
• Serve as a technical resource for application configuration and installation, application Tier 3 support, infrastructure maintenance, and problem determination and resolution.
• Track identified system problems through to resolution
• Maintaining standard admission data processing operating procedures
• Ensure full compliance with university application processing regulations, including HIPPA, FERPA, and PCI.
• Perform annual audit of users, profiles, and security;
• Use ticketing system to record, classify, and resolve client incidents and service requests;
• Provide leadership guidance and management oversight for critical incident resolutions and root cause analysis;
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Training & Experience)
• 2+ years’ experience as Salesforce Administrator, preferably at college or university.
• ADM201 Certification – preferred.
• Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
• Real-Time Integration tool (Jitterbit preferred).
• Programming logic.
• PL/SQL or SQL.
• Ability execute data quality assurance.
• HTML (basic).
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform job.)
1. Experience and familiarity with database management and Salesforce, and proficiency with MS Office suite Experience and familiarity with research and analysis of data and the ability to design, produce and interpret statistical data for admission.
2. Understand and utilize automated software, system management tools, and web-based development solutions.
3. Demonstrated progress in conveying appropriate level of detail effectively to all levels of the organization including non-technical staff.
4. Above average ability to analyze and prioritize problems, identify and recommend alternative solutions, process consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations.
5. Ability to influence others and move toward a common goal.
6. Effectively implement and communicate changes to processes and systems.
7. Effective communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, and customer service.
8. Set priorities based on value to the organization.
9. Ability to recommend policies, document risks, and propose solutions to information technology management and senior leadership.
10. Understanding of the project management process and ability to lead projects through to completion. Including the ability to appropriately communicate status and needs.
11. Ability to clearly articulate policies and instructions.
12. Advanced ability to author and maintain system documentation
13. Effective analytical and research skills; demonstrated progress in seeing patterns in data and drawing appropriate conclusions.
14. Awareness or knowledge of ITIL and ITSM governance concepts.
15. Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation.
16. Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/.
Click on the big, orange button and follow the prompts.
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/job/salesforce-administrator/