Post Date: 10/28/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR I
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at one of Cascadia's outpatient Health Centers in Milwaukie, OR. The schedule is Tuesday through Thursday, 9:30 am to 6:30 pm, Fridays 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, and Saturdays from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
Program Supervisor I works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for clients served by the Addictions team, as well as some staff on the Recovery Services team (QMHA’s, Peer Support staff, and some administrative supervision of QMHPs) while supporting a trauma-informed care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Program Supervisor understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach to assisting clients in achieving individual goals and achieving more independent living. The Program Supervisor assures that program activities are administered in cooperation with treatment team members and as directed by the Program Manager. The employee will provide general and specific direction to team members, be responsible for management of the program within the Health Center, and serve as back up to those supervised.
- The incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university or three years of experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. The job incumbent be eligible to certified as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA) through the Mental Health and Addiction Certification Board of Oregon (MHACCBO).
- A CADC II is required in addition
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience providing outpatient services is preferred
- Experience providing supervision is a plus
- Knowledge of Outpatient Addiction Treatment including DUI and Medication Supported Recovery
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Understanding of trauma-informed care environment principles
- Understanding of Illness Management and Recovery principles
- Skills necessary for strengths-based services provision
- Ability to operate computer hardware and software (including EMR software) at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare simple reports
- The must incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)