Post Date: 06/27/2019
Close Date: 07/15/2019
On Call Educator
Multiple positions scheduled to work 19 hours per week or less
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Bring your presentation skills and passion for science education to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) as an On Call Educator. You will be responsible for facilitating the visitors’ and group’s learning experiences with demonstrations, activities, and special events in the exhibit halls and labs and during Museum Camp-Ins and Sub-Ins. You’ll also be part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Interact with diverse audiences to help them explore and learn from exhibits and activities.
• Present interesting and engaging science demonstrations and activities based on curriculum and Camp-In theme.
• Supervise volunteers of all ages.
What you’ll need:
• BA/BS in science, education, or communications, with college course work in science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with the public in formal or informal educational settings.
• Working knowledge of scientific content.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Hourly rate between $12.50 - $13.50, depending on experience.
• Eligible for Oregon sick time.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/351235.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes July 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/351235.html