Post Date: 11/05/2019
Close Date: 12/01/2019
Scheduled to work February - May (various hours available)
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Come prepare and cook meals for young explorers and visitors at Camp Meriwether, outside Tilllamook, Oregon! Help give kids and visitors the energy they need to learn and explore by cooking delicious and nutritious snacks and meals for them. Join the OMSI team and become a part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do
• Cook and serve prepared meals efficiently for groups of up to 150 participants, at designated times, meeting food preparation timelines.
• Wash all dishes and clean all surfaces used in the preparation of meals.
• Regularly clean surfaces and equipment in the kitchen, coolers, and pantries as designated by the manager.
What you’ll need
• Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety.
• Ability to follow recipes and improvise when necessary.
• Working knowledge of dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian dietary restrictions.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Must be at least 18 years old to operate, repair or clean power-driven food slicers, grinders and choppers, bakery machines, and commercial mixers
• Must pass a pre-employment reference checks, criminal background check, and American Camp Association (ACA) background check.
• Optional on-site living, including shared staff quarters.
• $65 - $75 per day, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick time.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/391590.html.
Position closes December 1, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/391590.html