Post Date: 01/14/2020
Close Date: 02/14/2020
Position Type: 40 hours/week, full-Time, exempt
Compensation: $45,701 - $57,127 annual, commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and alternative health care plans; matching retirement plan; and more!
Schedule: Includes a weekend day; Store hours: 10am-6pm Sun-Sat
Are you interested in reuse? Committed to keeping good stuff out of our landfills? Ready to do meaningful work that directly supports affordable housing in the Portland Metro Area? Do something you can believe in, make a difference in the world, and get paid for it too: Join our Habitat ReStore team!
ReStores accept donated building materials, furniture, appliances, and home goods and sells them to the public at a fraction of regular prices to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity’s local home building projects. There’s never a dull day at our fast-paced, exciting ReStores. All kinds of wonderful people make up our eclectic community - people like you who care about the environment and supporting affordable housing.
The Store Manager is responsible for leadership, guidance, and control of all aspects of daily operations, as well as understanding of and ability to operate in any and all staffing positions while also representing the store and Habitat for Humanity professionally and courteously in all interactions. Store Managers are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively.
- Operations and site maintenance: initiate, coordinate, and enforce program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures; maintain stability and reputation of store by complying with legal requirements
- Safety oversight: planning and holding safety meetings, ensuring safety reports are completed, managing safety concerns in store, enforcing safety requirements and guidelines, ensuring a safe and clean environment
- Staff recruitment, interviewing, hiring (in collaboration with senior staff), orientation, training, and scheduling
- Staff evaluation: monitor and appraise work quality; motivate, counsel, coach, and discipline staff; analyze, prepare, and present reviews
- Complete store operational requirements: discover and assign tasks, follow up on work results
- Fiscal responsibility: understand budget; maintain staffing levels and spending limits; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions; maintain and control back banks, petty cash, cash donations, and deposits
- Cash flow control: master and monitor POS system, control registers and train staff cashiers
- Reports: timely and accurate reports of expenditures, staff hours, reimbursements, marketing, and others as requested
- Pricing control: research products to ensure correct pricing, collaborate with other managers on shared or common product pricing guidelines, authorize clearance sales
- Order and maintain stock of products needed for processing donations, site maintenance, and safety
In store marketing and merchandising: create and maintain promotions, displays, and signage
- Maintain relationship with local community through collaboration with and support of development staff
- Maintain Portland Metro ReStores brand consistency through collaboration with development staff
- Successfully manage volunteer program; effectively use, manage, and teach volunteer management platform Volgistics
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exemplary leadership skills, positive disposition, and even temperament
- Proven problem solving skills, including supervising unexpected issues and emergencies
- Successful and effective management, and control of all aspects of multi-faceted retail/ reuse operation
- Advanced written and verbal communication and solid basic math skills
- Courtesy and professionalism to gracefully resolve customer, donor, and staff issues and complaints
- Knowledge to effectively communicate all aspects of Habitat and ReStore mission and operations
- Ability to manage with the integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Habitat
- Proven record of accomplishment of building strong teams with a strong culture
- Exposure to HR faculties and proven record of accomplishment of leading job performance counseling
- High school degree or equivalent
- Four years management experience
- Three years customer service experience in fast-paced retail or restaurant capacity
- Operational experience should include hiring, performance management, scheduling, facility oversight, and budget management
- Experience volunteering
- Excellent reading, writing, communication, and math skills
- College degree
- Experience as a retail store manager
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience with Volgistics
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position operates in an open, warehouse retail environment with frequent activity, requiring consistent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift, move, and load items over 50 pounds with mechanical assistance and/or team lift.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please submit a complete application packet to Employment@HabitatPortlandMetro.org with “Clark County Store Manager” in the subject line. Application packets must include:
1. Resume, including dates of employment (month and year)
2. Cover letter, which identifies how you heard of this opportunity and addresses how your work history and other experience, if applicable, has prepared you for the position
3. Three references, at least two professional
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: https://pdxrestore.org/news/we-have-jobs