Post Date: 01/13/2020
Close Date: 01/24/2020
POSITION: Regional Affairs Program Manager
SALARY: $80,897.00 - $126,433.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 01/24/20 05:00 PM
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland is a gateway to the globe. We operate multiple airports, marine terminals and business parks that connect people and passengers and drive economic growth. We work with communities, public partners and businesses to enhance the region's quality of life. Critical to this work is an approach to planning and regulatory work that reflective not only of where we are today, but where want to go.
The Regional Affairs Program Manager will work at the intersection of community engagement and policy development in multiple arenas. We're looking for someone who understands process as the basic foundation for quality outcomes and will approach this work with an eye toward equity and balance. Working in close collaboration with multiple teams and disciplines, this individual will have a solid understanding of proactive strategies to connect community stakeholders with Port projects and priorities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills both inside the Port and with the broader community we serve.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as point for providing guidance and counsel for Port colleagues in regulatory community outreach and engagement activities.
• Bring proactive leadership to the Port regarding regulatory, policy and organizational objectives related to regional community affairs.
• Provide thoughtful, creative and proactive strategies to connect community stakeholders with Port projects and priorities while staying true to organizational priorities.
• Represent the Port in public venues and committees.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and proficiency in Port's policy positions.
• Prepare talking points, project communication strategy and plans regarding Port's new and ongoing projects and planning processes.
• Ensure equitable and balanced approach to required planning processes (ranging from NEPA to airport master planning).
• Provide community affairs counsel for various activities related to regulatory affairs.
• Maintain positive working relationships with key partners and advocates.
• Develop strategic plans to guide communications, and information gathering, both inside and outside the Port.
• Bachelor's degree OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job duties (required).
• 8 years of progressive professional experience to include program management; experience with issues management in the public arena (preferred)
• Experience with public outreach and public relations techniques, regulatory guidelines involving community engagement
• Knowledge of key community stakeholders as well as best and emerging practices in community relations and policy development
• Experience with strategically guiding work to meet business and policy objectives, with the ability to work well in politically-charged surroundings
• Experience judging community engagement success and knowledge of how to adjust tools accordingly
• Confidence and the ability to make effective presentations that include verbal, graphical and written techniques
• Familiarity with maintaining a flexible schedule to attend public events or meetings on nights and weekends
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license
• Ability to obtain security badge, for access to secured areas
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Skilled with public outreach, understanding of general regulatory/planning guidelines and creating strategic communications
• Skilled in strategic communication, writing, editing and conceptualizing compelling and concise copy
• Strategic communication planning, community engagement facilitation and issue management skills
• Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Strategically guide work to meet business, community service and policy objectives, work well in ambiguous and dynamic environment with ever-changing stakeholders
• Demonstrate organizational savvy, and understanding of the political climate of the organization and region and how to navigate challenges
• Anticipate issues and concerns, work well with diverse internal and external partners and resolve issues quickly
• Voluntarily take the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities
• Demonstrate the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive
• Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
• Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
• Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
• ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6690
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
1/13/2020 PID #LI-DNI
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position