Post Date: 05/14/2019
Close Date: 06/14/2019
Columbia Sportswear is looking for a full-time Bilingual Customer Care representative. You would be primarily assisting our Canadian customers who need help placing an order, understanding what the right gear is for the next outdoor adventure, and resolving anything they may call us about.
We have a fun, diverse team, who all have a passion for the outdoors and helping people. We go beyond answering questions and strive to provide a memorable customer experience for each of our callers.
This is the right job for you if you’re able to:
• Speak on the phone and use a computer
• Bilingual (French-English)
• Empathize and be friendly with people you’ve never met
• Use logic and like to solve problems
• Enjoy being part of a team
Maintain high level of customer service by responding to requests and inquiries with accurate information to consumers in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
Job may have some variation depending on the issues or problems that appear. Incumbent follows established department practices and procedures. Duties are performed under a moderate level of supervision, with specific directions given. Work is checked for accuracy and volume on a regular basis. Decisions are made within specific departmental guidelines.
• Process moderate to high levels of consumer inquiries via telephone, e-mail and correspondence.
• Select replacement styles to be processed for warranty replacement.
• Requires research of older garments and knowledge of current styles to accurately select a replacement.
• Effectively use JDE for inventory inquiries, order entry and warranty repair status.
• Provide accurate information regarding product features, specifications and recommended uses of Columbia Sportswear and Sorel apparel and footwear.
• Provide information on where to purchase garments using internal product locating applications in addition to various consumer inquiries.
• Display a positive attitude toward the Consumer Services Team by maintaining professionalism, respect, courtesy and support to others.
• Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization.
• Internal contacts may include the Customer Service Manager, upper-level management personnel, Customer Service staff and warehouse personnel.
• External contacts primarily consist of consumer interaction thru telecommunication, e-mail and correspondence.
• Contacts may include sensitive or confidential information. Incumbent occasionally initiates contacts on his/her own with 90% being by phone and the remainder via face-to-face interaction.
• Possess knowledge of effective telephone customer service techniques and strategies. Ability to read, write and speak English with strong verbal and written skills.
• Must be proficient in keyboard use and word processing.
• Must be able to maintain calm demeanor while dealing with difficult or unhappy customers.
• A high school education or equivalent
• A minimum of one year call center experience required.
• Experience in the apparel industry, specifically outdoor trail running is preferred.
• Job requires hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
• Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time, and occasionally lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
• If you’re the type of person that likes to work hard, play hard and do it as part of a hard-working team, then this could be the opportunity for you! We make products that stand the test of time, and we want you to do that with us!
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age