Post Date: 06/26/2019
Close Date: 07/14/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Benefits and Entitlement Specialist
SALARY: $19.00-$20.90 Hourly
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
SUMMARY: Benefits & Entitlement Specialist assists clients with the acquisition of Social Security benefits (SSI/SSDI). This includes meeting with clients, obtaining and reviewing medical records and lay evidence, and filing Social Security claims using the Social Security Administration’s on-line application system.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in medical field, mental health, or social sciences or a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
3. Must have experience in case management or advocating for clients.
4. Computer literacy.
5. If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety a minimum of one year.
6. Will be required to carry a cell phone for work purposes. Cell phone to be provided by Central City Concern.
7. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
8. Must be able to occasionally lift items of approximately 25 pounds.
9. Must possess a current driver’s license, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. If driving personal vehicle, must maintain vehicle
insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientation, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs